Sunday, May 13, 2007

A day full of emotion

My first mother's day was far from one full of flowers and pampering. Though to be fair, there was some of that. The "boys" made the "girls" breakfast this morning and we had a lot of fun. Brody even got some of the eggs, pancakes, and strawberries- and he loved them all!

Then we had the not so fun job of moving my grandpa from his assisted living apartment into a skilled nursing facility. He didn't seem to mind much, but he also didn't fully understand. He kept asking if he was staying there for the night, while the woman in the hall kept muttering "Barbara Ann" over and over. I doubt I need to tell anyone how hard it is to see the people you love suffer- I think sometimes it hurts more than being the one who is suffering.

All I know, is that it's days like today that I am especially grateful for the blessing of my son. Not because I finally get to be a mom (which is wonderful in and of itself), but that it truly brings home to me just how precious life is. Just how precious health is. And it reminds me all over again, just how lucky I am. I don't think there is anything I could give my son that can ever compare to what he gives me on a daily basis.

No comments: