Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Good News/ Bad News

I don't even know where to start. I know I owe Krystle a huge thank you... and I promise, one of these days I will attempt to do the post justice, but right now, I just can't.

We got both wonderful and horrible news today. Friends of ours who have been trying to get pregnant for a number of months found out recently that they are expecting. While it is overwhelmingly exciting, their joy was horribly cut short last night when a man with a shotgun entered their home last night killing her brother's girlfriend and seriously wounding her brother. It was apparently a crime of "passion" as the man with the gun was her estranged husband who was under a restraining order after assaulting her earlier this year.

I can't begin to express both our joy and sorrow to our friends. I can't imagine how difficult it must be to be going through all of this at once. Though we only met Nikki once, I think I can surely say that we will never forget her.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's a hard time right now, that's for sure. Any ideas?

Anonymous said...

Oh... no...

My heart goes out to them, and their family.

What do people have to be so... evil. Wow. :(