Thursday, September 27, 2007

12 Weeks (*with update)

Let me first mention, that it is 7:45 am... I am updating my blog... and do you know why? Because my child is still sleeping!!!! HOORAY! =) Over the last week and a half, Brody has nicely transitioned from getting up at 6 to getting up at 7. This morning he woke up at 5, and I was very fearful that he wasn't going back to sleep... but he did... and he is STILL SLEEPING! So I was able to get up leisurely, make myself a cup of faux coffee (the little instant latte junk that I am strangely addicted to), watch a little news, and now am realizing that if I want the child to nap before we go to playgroup today, I need to wake him up... but instead I am blogging.

So yes... week 12. With Brody's pregnancy, it was a HUGE turning point. It was when I got to stop taking meds for nausea because I wasn't sick anymore. It was when I started feeling OH so much better, and when I really felt like the 2nd trimester had started. Except this time, there is no instant change, and I feel exactly like I did yesterday (just slightly more rested). But tomorrow we get to see The Tadpole, and that is making me oh so excited.

Sometimes I feel very disconnected from this pregnancy, so I am anxious to see pictures of da babee to help me reconnect a little. I think I am just so busy already being a mommy that I don't have the time or energy to pay attention to what's going on with my body. But then I start feeling guilty that I'm not obsessing over every milestone like I did last year. All of this is sounding very familiar... have I just thought it a lot or did I actually write about it before? Scary...

Well, the boy(s) are finally up, so I'm going to cuddle with them and enjoy our relaxing morning!

*Updated to add: Apparently I got ahead of myself... Brody was still sleeping because he is sick. He threw up all over himself at some point last night (it was dark in there at 5, so I didn't notice anything when I gave him his binky back) and threw up his entire bottle this morning. YEAH!

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Oh, poor Brody. I hope he's feeling better. And I hope your ultrasound went well. Looking forward to reading the update.

Unknown said...

I don't really know about poker. I was considering Black Hawk for my birthday but now I'm almost thinking a tournament and a cash game. My b-day is in November. What dates work for you guys? You need to see the girls!!! And I definitely want to play with you guys soon.
Let's keep talking about it. Email me at dengl5@earthlink.net

Unknown said...

No, I really don't want another set of twins. In fact, if that happened, I think I'd have to start doing heroin.
Sweet, sweet heroin.

Seriously, let's keep in touch about poker. I promise not to puke this time.