Saturday, October 6, 2007

Please don't faint

I would hate to think that my reappearance had caused someone to pass out- so hopefully you all survived the shock.

We are plugging along. I think I can safely say that we are all over the stomach flu that we've been dealing with. (Have I mentioned that I got it TWICE???) Brody seems to be feeling much better- and I think I have managed to go 2 whole days without throwing up. YEAH!

Today Brody is getting his first haircut. I am a little sad about it- it's the start of a week long of first birthday stuff. First haircut, first birthday pictures, first birthday party... I'm tearing up just thinking about it. My baby is turning one and won't be a baby anymore. It just doesn't seem possible.

But anywho... (to avoid all out tears!) the tadpole is doing great. We got to see her (no, we don't know- I just don't like saying "it") at our 12 week prescreen last Friday. Everything came back completely normal. We have a very active little one in there. Our sonographer had a hard time measuring because tadpole kept moving so much. It was very cute, and a relief to see after spending so much time dehydrated and feeling crappy lately.

Brody is very close to walking. He will take a step or two as he falls into me- but still has a little ways to go in the balance department. I think the coolest thing is that I've really started to notice how much he wants to walk. Most of his playgroup friends are a little older and are walking- and he just stares and stares at them. He's not really content to crawl, and prefers to walk with mom's assistance while we are with them. I guess peer pressure starts young!

Since posting 2 days in a row is quite unlikely, I figured I would post some pics early... enjoy!

Seriously? How cute is this hat?


Brushing his teeth!

"GET THIS HAT OFF OF ME!!!! Can't you see I'm a Steeler's fan?"

Hmmmm....

"What do you mean the lettuce crisper isn't supposed to go on my head?"

No matter how many toys we put in the bath- the only one he plays with is the temperature checking duck!

3 comments:

janet copenhaver said...

What a cutie! Looks like I'm going to miss the big party of firsts.

Give the little fellow a kiss from me.

Amanda said...

Brody is SOOOO stinkin CUTE!!! I can't even stand it. My favorite pic is the one where he is "Thinking"!!!! Happy Birthday buddy :)
Amanda

Kristi said...

So glad that you're back, the tadpole is doing well, and Brody is as cute as ever. I love the picture with the salad spinner on his head!