Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Done Worn Out

I need a nap. Unfortunately, my house feels like I have been napping for the better part of a year and in the meantime a giant tornado blew through it creating much havoc. But I'm pregnant- and right now, there's just not much I can do but give in to the urge to lay down and sleep for a little bit.

I do have birthday pictures to post... and I'm sure I owe the occasion more than an "It was great!" but really... that just about sums it up. The party was a lot of fun- despite a lack of anything resembling a decent nap- Brody did great, and seemed to have a fantastic time playing with all of this friends. I just wish that I could have spent a little more time with everyone- but when you divide 2 hours into 40 people, I guess it just doesn't work too well. Not to mention that there were things like presents and cake and such that required my attention and took away about an hour and a half of that 2 hours. =) But it was wonderful. And my baby is now officially not a baby anymore, and there are mixed feelings about that around here. I have to wonder if I would be crying less about it if I weren't so tired and hormonal! =)

We also had his one year check-up yesterday... he did great with the shots... he weighs 24 pounds, 13 ounces... he is 31 inches tall... both of which put him squarely at 75% for kids his age- and mean his mom is a pretty good estimator at how big he is! =) He is developmentally right on track and she is pleased with how well he is doing. She did say he is working on the top tooth that still hasn't poked through, and not one molar like I thought... but 3... FUN!

OK- he finally gave in, so I am off to nap as well!

No comments: