Friday, October 19, 2007

Motivation

My parent's were lovely enough to watch my child today so that I can do things like empty the dishwasher without first having to pen him up and listen to him sob that he can't play with knives. (I know, the first child is always screwed... as I've been told numerous times, the second one will be juggling them coming out of the womb- but Brody just isn't allowed to yet.) With my level of energy lately, or lack thereof, I nap with him, and that leaves little time to get things done. So today is my day to clean and get organized. But what am I doing? Playing on the internet!

In my defense... so far this morning I have gotten rid of all of my pre-pregnancy underwear and bras that haven't fit in 2 years... (exciting, no?) I have opened millions of boxes of toys (all with those damn ties that take hours to undo), I have started putting away the 6 baskets of clean laundry that are littering my bedroom, and I have have gotten through all of the boys names through Chaney and decided that our next boy is likely to be named DeMario Crosby (with a LONG a sound). Of course, my husband prefers Francis Carter- but well, he's just silly. (10 points to the person who knows where all 4 names come from!)

So anyway... week 15. That's almost 4 months pregnant (the scary thing is that I just wrote 6 months and got overly excited... oh well...) Really- other than typical exhaustion (shouldn't that have gone away by now?) there's not really anything interesting to report. I think I have felt a few kicks, but at this stage, I have a hard time distinguishing them from bubbly feelings of another sort! We changed one of our possible girl's names- and I think I am finally content with it. I actually very much like both of the girl's names that we have, and think that we may just have to use them whether we have a girl or a boy, because our boy's options are just not appealing to me in any way.

Can you tell that this post is wholly about procrastination and not about content? I guess I better get back to hanging clothes! Happy Friday!

No comments: