Friday, July 13, 2007

I want my baby back, baby back, baby back...

Remember that commercial? Unfortunately, I don't just want his ribs, I want all of him! =) If you don't read the other site, just to catch you up- Brody spent the night at MeMa & PapPap's last night, and won't be back until later this afternoon. I love that I could have slept in this morning, but unfortunately, I must be rather programmed to getting up, because once 5:45 rolled around, I tossed and turned until I finally got up at 7:30.

Have I mentioned that Brody will be 9 months old tomorrow? He's entering his last "baby" stage and it's kinda making me a bit teary eyed. But I will admit, now that he is crawling around and having more fun with toys and such, I am enjoying this phase a lot more than I was a few weeks ago. I am guessing that he's about 23-24 pounds and 29-30 inches. We'll see how close that is Monday when he goes in for his appointment...

I'm not sure that 9 months ago today, I realized just how much this little boy would change me. I'm not sure I thought that there was any way that I could have realized that time would intensify my love for him, and that never- not one day in his life, no matter how crabby, no matter how difficult- would I take him for granted. I can't hear his cry without my heart breaking too, I can't hear his giggle without instantly becoming happy myself. There is nothing in this world that I want more than for him to be happy. Becoming a parent is truly a humbling experience.

I miss the days when I could sit and rock with him for hours at a time and have him be perfectly content- but I also can't wait to see what happens next.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Great post. I often feel the same way about Isabella. She's almost 11 months old now, and so active. I can't hold her for very long now before she's squirming to get away. I've been missing her babyhood a lot lately, but at the same time, it's been amazing to watch her grow.