Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Tuesday Teachings

This is the post that I had originally planned for last week, before more pressing matters came to light. =) For those of you who read Baby Making 201... I'm sorry for my quick departure. I will probably go back to it sometime soon- definitely sooner than I had originally planned. I just kinda had a breakdown and needed to step away for a little while. When I return, I don't think it will be password protected anymore... but that remains to be seen.

But anyway... today's "lesson" is one that Matt thinks Brody needs to learn soon- and hopefully without feeling its effects full force.

Brody,

You are now nine months old, and you LOVE to explore. Unfortunately, sometimes exploring means climbing, or begging mommy or daddy to pick you up and let you sit with us on chairs or couches. And we think it's sweet- because we think you want to cuddle. Until it becomes completely apparent, that all you really want is to be able to dive off the other side.

So I think it's time you learn about gravity. Really- it's a good thing. Gravity is what keeps us from floating away into space. So you see, it is quite a necessary thing. But gravity also means that if you dive head first off the back of a chair, you're going to make a big boom. A big boom that will scare both you and mommy and daddy. It could even require a trip to the doctor. And that doesn't sound like much fun.

So for now- how about we keep our feet planted on the ground? Because unless you sprout wings (which would be REALLY COOL!) it's going to hurt when you fall.

Love,
Mama

No comments: