Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Tuesday Teachings

I wrote a letter to Brody, but I think I'm going to save it for next week... instead, I will address something more on my mind today.

Brody,

Sometimes things won't immediately go your way. Sometimes it will take time for solutions to come to you, and sometimes you'll have to listen to someone else's ideas. But until all options have been exhausted, please don't give up. Please don't assume something is impossible because answers don't immediately come to you. Yes, sometimes things won't happen as you want them to. Sometimes things will be difficult to come by. But don't give up unless you have exhausted all possibilities, and PLEASE be willing to see that sometimes you can get what you want, but you may have to compromise on how you get there. But that's ok. And it's not worth getting upset about.

Basically- please try to be an optimist. Pessimism wastes so much energy... it's just not worth it!

Love,
Mama

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Would you mind writing a similar letter to Isabella for me? Because while I don't give up easily (or never, when it comes to arguments, if you asked my husband), I am not the most optimistic person in the world.