Monday, July 16, 2007

Stats...

Well, he's not nearly as big as I thought he was... he is squarely in the 70-75th percentiles for height, weight, and head size. He weighs 21 pounds 12 ounces, and is 29 inches tall/long. The doctor is really pleased with how well he is doing... except for talking. She says he's the most vocal non-talker she's ever seen. She's not terribly worried about it, just wants us to encourage him to use words like "up" instead of just putting his arms up to get picked up, and wants us constantly repeating everything we do.

Let's go to the car.
Can you see the car?
Where's the car?
I see the car!
Let's get in the car!
The car goes vrrrrroooommm.

Should we read a book?
Where's the book?
Can you get the book?
Give mama the book.
Let's read the book.
Turn the pages of the book.

I thought I was doing a lot of that- just not in quite the ocd kinda way that she says we should try now.

So there ya go... he's all set for another 3 months.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

All that repetition would drive me a wee bit crazy, I think. I talk all day to Isabella (because she's the only one here), and I often wonder what in the hell she would think of the things I say if she could actually understand me!

Anonymous said...

I just checked out your blog for the first time and had to laugh b/c my son is the same way! He's 18 months and babbling a ton but really only has 2 words (my husband says "Boom" counts, but I'm not so sure). :) It's reassuring to know there are other moms out there saying things over and over in "Momese" - that horrible high pitched sounds we make when talking to babies just to get our kids to start talking. :)