Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Tuesday Teachings

Tuesday Teachings sounds so preachy.. I'm thinking about Tuesday's With Mom, but it loses the alliteration then... any suggestions?

But I digress...

Brody,

I thought about doing a really long, drawn out post about this, and how you should take responsibility for your own actions instead of letting a friend take the fall... but MeMa feels sorry for you and thinks that I'm making you sound like a very bad baby... which in fact you are not... you are just having a few issues right now... like growing, and teething, and a mommy who isn't too fond of you beating her up. Which are all combining to make you a very grumpy little boy some days. (Like yesterday, and today) And she says I just need to take you on more walks... except that on days like yesterday (and today) when I attempt to put you in the stroller, you throw quite the mighty fit and aren't so thrilled with the walking... unless of course there are cars driving by which is quite magical to you. And unless of course it is over 100 degrees outside, because you turn into a child I don't recognize when you get too hot.

So here's today's lesson... while you are certainly a wonderful little boy, and while I definitely need to focus on that when you are screaming for hours on end.... no matter how good intentioned we are, mommy's are not always right. But we always love you, and we always try to do what's best for you... and for awhile now, I will definitely know more than you, so we'll follow what mommy decides, k? (Like when she says that cat food is for cats, not babies, and that it is much better in the bowl than all over the floor...) But I promise that eventually, you will grow up into a wonderful man, and mommy will let you make your own decisions- and she will be happy as long as you are happy...

But she won't be happy if you let your friends take the fall for your boneheaded decisions that turned out badly. K? K.

Love,
MaMa (and if you could get around to learning how to say that, I'd be VERY happy!)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Been there. Done that. It does get better. Now please tell me it gets better. Our girls are being a little fussy.

Anonymous said...

Since I never comment, I just thought I'd let you know I laughed out loud through most of your post! Yeah, been there, done that.

But really, it's not fun to eat the cat food? :P

Kristi said...

I think we are parenting the same baby, lol. Isabella has been throwing stroller fits for months, getting into the cat food, and only says "dada."

Great lesson, by the way. :)