Saturday, April 14, 2007

How did it happen?

That my little angel is already 6 months old? Well, 6 months and 36 minutes to be precise. =) I don't think I would have thought it possible, but I am more in love today than I was 6 months ago. I think 6 months ago, I expected days to become mundane at some point. I never realized what it was like to be so exhausted that I didn't think I could move, but still I sleepwalk into his room to try to squeeze a little more sleep out of him, just to have him smile as soon as he sees me, and have my heart completely melt. I didn't realize how proud I could be of him learning to sit on his own, or roll over, or smile on cue for a photographer. I didn't understand how frustrating it can be to see your own stubbornness reflected in the eyes (and grunts) of your child- and yet be so excited at how hard he is working to try to do something.

And oh the giggles- I could survive for years on the giggles. The way he laughs at his daddy, or even at himself while he's bouncing up and down. Or how funny it is to blow raspberries and get his breakfast all over mommy.

It's these moments that I knew I would treasure, long before I ever knew him- long before I ever knew that we would be able to have a child- but I never realized that they would come every day. That everyday I would fall more in love, and that everyday I would rather be with you than doing anything else.

So happy 6 month birthday little boy- I can't wait to see what you do with the next 6!

1 comment:

janet copenhaver said...

In his recent professional photos he looks like a little man, so grown up already. I like the naked pose the best, he's adorable! This shall be the last naked pose you understand. You knew that though.