Wednesday, April 4, 2007

But what to write about?

I am trying to be better about posting... but do you want to hear what Brody ate for breakfast (blueberry applesauce w/ oatmeal), or how many poopy diapers he has a day (usually 2), cause really... there's just not much else going on. I could talk about the raging migraine that I woke up with this morning, or how much the PCOS is wreaking with my system again- but that's not interesting either.

How about my frustration that Brody shows NO interest in trying to roll from his back to his belly? That he doesn't mind if he can't reach his toys, and that really, he doesn't care much for his toys (except the aquarium in his crib). He can move around a little doing this little dolphin kick thing, but unless he's in his crib, he really doesn't. (Right at this very moment he's as close to trying to get something as I've ever seen him, and it's my toes that he's trying to reach!)

Any suggestions? Cause really... I've tried helping him over (just to totally piss him off because he hates his tummy), I've tried placing all sorts of toys just out of his reach. I've tried moving things behind his head to try to get him to see them. I've tried to realize that he's fine, and that I truly believe that he can do it, he just doesn't want to. And he has.... twice. Once on the doctor's table, and once on our bed. I think they were both accidents.

So yeah... I don't know that it was interesting for you- but at least I posted, right? But yes, I know what keeps all 2 of you coming back... it's the PICTURES!




(This is as far as he will roll....)

2 comments:

Kristi said...

How very well I know the feeling of absolutely nothing of interest going on in my life.

BUT, I do have advice for you. Regarding the tummy time: Isabella absolutely hated it (and still does hate it, but much less so) until she turned about 6.5 months. She would scream like you were pulling out her fingernails one by one if you placed her on her belly. I think that while some babies naturally enjoy it, others, like Isabella and Brody, just don't.

However, she now tolerates it a lot more, and even sleeps on her stomach all the time for naps and overnight. I think it's just a developmental thing Brody will grow into, so don't worry too much about it yet.

Sheryl said...

Brody sounds so much like Logan its not funny... Must be these October babies!!