Friday, April 27, 2007

Trevor Kott

I can't tell you just how hard the ton of bricks hit me while I was reading this story about Trevor. Brody and Trevor were born on the same day. This could have been our little boy. This story could have just as easily be ours. On Wednesday, Trevor left this world behind.

So today, there will be no complaining about lack of sleep. There will be no wishing that Brody wouldn't be grumpy. There will be no bemoaning the lack of teeth but the presence of teething, or getting frustrated by his stubbornness that he won't roll onto his tummy. Because he's here. He can cry. I can hold him in my arms while he tries to pull my hair or my lip or my ear. I can comfort him and make his boo boo's better. He will learn to roll, he will learn to walk. I will get to hear him say "mommy."

Though Matt is sleeping and doesn't know it yet- we will both be joining the National Bone Marrow Donor List in memory of Trevor. I beg all of you to search your hearts and consider doing the same. In fact, if you show me that you donated, I will make an extra donation to the National Marrow Foundation to help pay for someone else to get tested. Look at their photo album- search your hearts... and then register. Please.

(This post will remain at the top of the blog for at least the next month, please scroll past it for new posts)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thankyou for honoring Trevor. Many of us loved him. He is missed... What better way to honor Trevors life, than by giving life to others via your bone marrow. Thankyou for registering.