Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Bad Mom of the Day Award Winner!

YEAH! Congrats to me!

So we have this daily routine... Brody and I get up in the morning, and since it's usually his least fussy time, and he is, for the most part, content to play on his own with little interaction, I let him. Mainly because it is when he typically will not get too frustrated by trying new things, and ends up learning a lot as a result. Plus, I need coffee and internets to start my day or I am a very fussy mommy.

So after a little fussiness when the lobster bit him (it's stuffed, but he was still convinced those pinchers were real!) I laid him back on the floor to let him crawl around. I SWEAR I put him down on his tummy... but the next thing I knew, I looked up from the internets and he's sitting up.

Now, I'm not convinced that I am not losing my mind and that sometime between laying him down and looking up at that moment, I hadn't assisted him in getting this way, but I SWEAR I don't remember. Leading me to believe that I might not be losing my mind is that yesterday morning, he was SOOOO close at doing it. I kinda thought it was an accident, but perhaps not.

So now I'm on Operation Spy. I am pretending that I'm not watching by typing this, but I have one eye on him just waiting to see what he might try next. I'm sure that typically, as soon as I look away he just gets up and starts running around, and now I am determined to catch him in the act!

2 comments:

janet copenhaver said...

hehe that was funny!

Kristi said...

Wow! Sitting up all by himself. That's awesome. And yes, I would be on a covert mission to catch him in the act myself. Sneaky little guy.