Friday, June 1, 2007

Mom's Day Off!

Today is my day off. From 7:30 this morning, until whenever I wander home this evening, it is a day free of child. I've even boycotted the dirty kitchen and the piles of laundry that are screaming to be done. You see, a day off is very very rare around here. Even weekends, when Matt's attention is forced to be at his computer, the child is still here, and we are usually trying to get things accomplished. Even as lucky as I am that as a stay at home mom, I also have a stay at home dad around, I have been very worn down lately. Feeling very much like if I took a break, the house just might fall apart. So today is a blessing.

Matt and I enjoyed a nice lunch (interpreted to mean- we both got to eat our food... while it was warm... without feeding or entertaining anyone else!) I even got to stop at Target for a brown purse that I've been in need of for awhile. All in all- a lovely hour!

I think now, I am going to take advantage of the time to catch up on some sleep... suffice it to say that things, while not horrible, are not roses when it comes to Brody's nighttime slumbers. So a nap is most definitely in order!

Tonight- it's Moms' Night Out with two of my favorite moms! =) Dinner at a grown up restaurant, perhaps a little browsing at a bookstore, girl talk... I'm a little more excited about this than is probably PC.

No comments: