Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Tuesday Teachings

(posted from beautiful Santa Barbara... check back soon for updates on the fun Brody and I are having while daddy is stuck at work... ok, so daddy has had some good times too!)

Ok, so I'm kinda on my own personal journey lately- and have been thinking a lot about the lessons and things that I want to teach my son. Some of these will be short and simple (and most likely happen on weeks when I'm busy or lazy), some will probably be exposes of my interpretation of things happening in the world... A discussion if you will. I am going to attempt to keep things of the positive nature, but I have to admit, there may be a few... "Don't do this" kind of posts. Some will be serious, some will be funny... So here is today's... in honor of father's day being this week, this one was at Matt's request.


Brody,


Dinosaurs roamed the earth a long time ago. They became extinct, but we still find their bones buried underground. The earliest dinosaurs lived about 230 million years ago and became extinct about 65 million years ago. There are many myths about dinosaurs, including whether or not they ever existed- please don't believe them. Science is a wonderful thing that can teach us a lot, and can prove many things with absolute certainty- this is one of them.


Love,

Mommy (& Daddy)

No comments: