Saturday, June 23, 2007

HOME!!!

We are home... safe and sound, and all in one piece. I still even have a few hairs on my head that I managed to not pull out while we were gone. Despite the happy pictures that you will see soon... (I am hoping to have them uploaded for tomorrow, but we'll have to see how that goes) Brody didn't smile the whole time... far from it. But I would prefer not to relive the week that was... it is much better behind us. So I'll give you a few of the good times, mmmkay?

Father's Day was fun. We drove up the coastal route and by some stroke of luck (or my power over the cosmos) we happened upon the restaurant that Matt most wanted to eat at. ) Truly, neither one of us knew where one was... and we had resigned ourselves to fast food if necessary because we were in the middle of nowhere (is that possible in Southern California?) and had a screaming child with us... good times.

Brody and I took a trolley tour and he had his first boat ride. l learned more about Santa Barbara than I know about Denver and Pittsburgh combined. We also spent a lot of time at the pool, and a LOT of time driving around Santa Barbara and Montecito.

Brody loved the pool- he did not love the car seat or the hotel room. He slept wonderful at night, but naps were a laugh. I can't tell you how close I came to buying ear plugs and losing myself in my book while he tired his lungs out.

Matt is on baby duty today... which I'm sure means that he will be a peach all day long and I will be forced to cry.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

LOL. Oh, your last line sums up my life nicely. Whenever Rich, my husband, is responsible for Isabella (which is a rare occasion as it is), she is on her absolute best behavior. He then thinks I'm exaggerating when I tell him she's a bear at times.

It sounds like you enjoyed your vacation, but perhaps Brody didn't. I give you a lot of credit for traveling with a little one. I think I'd have to have myself institutionalized if I tried it.